The contents on this site as well as its family sites, including but not limited to web applications, blogs, and other content management systems are solely under Hideki Saito’s editorial authority.
The content of this publication does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the author’s affiliates and/or employer.
Not withstanding contractual and morale requirements by author’s affiliates, the author exercises full editorial rights including themes, opinions and contents of publications.
There is no technical supports offered for this site. You are solely responsible for any consequences of using this site.
- While I openly disclose my employment at Nintendo of America Inc. as required by FTC (see below) I do not respond to any inquiries regarding the company. Please head to Nintendo’s corporate information for such inquiry.
- Any inquiries regarding ANCEA/Sakura-Con other than Japanese Guest Relations matter should be forwarded to email@example.com.
Third Party Affiliations
Time to time, this site, including its family sites may accept third party affiliation in conjunction with its publications.
This may include:
- Sponsored articles
- Advertisements (including Google Adword, Amazon, etc.)
- Embedded link (Twitter, Google+, etc.)
- Video files and broadcasts (YouTube, etc.)
Mere presence of property within work (for instance, articles related to my line of work, broadcast of images and videos containing such property) does not necessarily indicate editorial connection with the affiliated parties, and unless otherwise specified, they are generally of personal nature; they may not reflect the opinion of the related parties. (i.e. They may not be construed to be an official statement from my employer, affiliates, or anyone other than myself.)
FTC and Conflict of Interest Compliance Statement
I will have to be in compliance with FTC’s Commercial Practices specifically for Disclosure of material connections as stipulated under §255.5, which reads:
When there exists a connection between the endorser and the seller of the advertised product which might materially affect the weight or credibility of the endorsement (i.e., the connection is not reasonably expected by the audience) such connection must be fully disclosed. An example of a connection that is ordinarily expected by viewers and need not be disclosed is the payment or promise of payment to an endorser who is an expert or well known personality, as long as the advertiser does not represent that the endorsement was given without compensation. However, when the endorser is neither represented in the advertisement as an expert nor is known to a significant portion of the viewing public, then the advertiser should clearly and conspicuously disclose either the payment or promise of compensation prior to and in exchange for the endorsement or the fact that the endorser knew or had reasons to know or to believe that if the endorsement favors the advertised product some benefit, such as an appearance on TV, would be extended to the endorser.
Furthermore, I hereby disclose I have material connection that may cause conflict of interest situations for the services and products as described below.
Note that the listing does not necessarily indicates or imply current affiliations to the parties involved.
Some projects I involve may be under non-disclosure, which I may be barred from revealing details and even mere existence of a project thereof. Such projects are not listed below. (In that case, such mention will accompany disclaimer indicating my connection, if not shown on this page.)
I hereby disclose the material connections to the following products and services:
Tozai products up the present year including:
- Everyday Spelunker
- Kurulin Fusion
- Lode Runner
- Lode Runner Classic
- Lode Runner X
- Minna de Spelunker Z （みんなでスペランカーZ）
- R-Type Dimensions
- Spelunker HD （みんなでスペランカー）
- Spelunker World
MTO USA products up to 2009 including:
- Happy Cooking
- Kurulin Fusion
- Petz Dogz Fashion
Kemco USA products up to 2007 including:
- Simple DS Vol.13 Arashi no Drift Rally （SIMPLE DS シリーズVol.13 THE 嵐のドリフト・ラリー）
Amaze Entertainment / Black Ship / Griptonite products up to 2006:
- Digimon Racing
- Digimon Rumble Arena 2
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest
- The Sims2
Sakura-Con services up to the present year including:
- Sakura-Con (unpaid volunteering activities)
Other non-profit activities including:
- Seattle Japan Relief (unpaid volunteering activities)
The following products are funded through crowd funding sites, such as Kickstarter, Indigogo and others – while this may not traditionally considered to be material connection in traditional context (as I do not necessarily have stakes in those projects), I have participated in funding in these projects:
- 3Doodler: The World’s First 3D Printing Pen
- Big Buck Bunny (a Blender Foundation project)
- CLANNAD Official English Release
- Decentralize the web with Diaspora
- Elephants Dream (a Blender Foundation project)
- HABITAT: A Thousand Generations in Orbit
- Infragram: the infrared Photography Project
- Krita: open source digital painting
- Leadwerks: Build Linux Games, on Linux
- Minecraft: The Story of Mojang
- Mr.Ghost: iPhone EMF Detector
- OUYA: A New Kind of Video Game Console
- PINE A64, First $15 64-Bit Single Board Super Computer
- SKYJACKER: Starship Constructor
- STAR COMMAND: Kickstart Part 2 - The PC/Mac Space Adventure
- Sintel (a Blender Foundation project)
- Tears of Steel (a Blender Foundation project)
- The Oto-Tip
- Under the Dog
- Zap&Go first graphene supercapacitor charger
- kraftwerk – highly innovative portable power plant
I contribute to the following opensource projects with one or more patches:
Information on other projects are shown on projects page.